Saturday, December 20, 2008


About a foot of snow fell last night. It is lovely to look at But definately not fun to drive or walk in. I bought two Christmas books that I can use in place of a sermon on Christmas Eve. One is a poem by Maya Angelou which she wrote and read for the White House Christmas tree lighting in 2005. It is quite lovely and the book includes a CD of her reading it. I thought that after hearing her read it I might not be willing to read it in public.


The second one met my criteria of bringing a tear to my eyes, although none of the ones I read standing in Borders quite matched A Cup of Christmas Tea which I read several years ago, or several others I have used over the years. It is entitled Winter's Gift by Jane Monroe Donovan. Copyright 2004 I have seen it before, but never bought it.

No comments: